Frequently Asked Questions
Is Windham Country Club open to the public?
Yes. Windham Country Club is open to the public for play every day between early April and late October, weather permitting. We also offer an Annual Golf Membership with a variety of outstanding benefits.
Does Windham Country Club offer lessons?
Yes, our golf pro offers lessons for all ages of golfers.
Can I purchase golf clubs or have my clubs repaired at Windham Country Club?
Yes, our golf pro is Callaway certified for club fittings and also re-grips and re-shafts clubs.
How far is the golf course from the NYS Thruway (Exit 21)?
Windham Country Club is located approximately 30 minutes from Exit 21 of the NYS Thruway (I-87).
What is your address?
Windham Country Club is located at 36 South Street (County Route 12), Windham, NY 12496.
How early can I call to reserve a tee time?
You may book a time in advance of the day you would like to play by calling the Golf Shop at 518-734-9910.
How early should I arrive prior to my tee time?
We recommend that you arrive at the golf course at least thirty minutes prior to your tee time to ensure that all check-in requirements are fulfilled and that you will have ample time to warm up and become acquainted with the golf course and our rules.
I don’t have my own clubs; do you offer club rentals?
Yes. We offer club rentals at a cost of $25 for the set.
Does Windham Country Club host tournaments or banquets?
Yes, Windham Country Club hosts numerous tournaments and banquets throughout the year. We can accommodate groups of all sizes and types, ranging from small outings for 16 to tournaments for 300.
What is the dress policy?
- We allow soft spikes only
- Gentlemen are required to wear collared shirts (mock turtles are acceptable)
- Appropriate fashion tops for women
- Tee shirts and tank tops are prohibited on the course
- Shorts are requested to be mid-thigh length or longer; no cut-offs, please
- Denim clothing is not allowed on the golf course from Memorial Day to Columbus Day
- USGA Rules govern all play
- Please repair your ball mark and one other on the greens during play
- Carts must remain on paths around all tees, greens, and entire Par 3’s
- Personal coolers with alcohol are not permitted except when purchased from the Club
- All alcohol purchased on site must remain on site
- Replace all divots in fairways and fill divots with sand/seed mixture provided on all Par 3′s
- Must have a valid driver’s license to operate a golf cart